The best Sundays were the ones when my dad would take us all to The Pancake Pantry for breakfast. The Pancake Pantry was and probably still is a Nashville tradition. The lines waiting for a table on those Sunday mornings took forever! But it was always worth it. The Silver Dollar Pancakes were my favorite.
Years later, Sarabeth’s in New York City set the new standard for pancakes. Those Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberries are ahhhmazing! I have for years recommended that visitors to NYC try them and I always get many thanks for that. I now enjoy lemon ricotta pancakes again – gluten free. Hope you like them as much as I do!
GF LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES WITH BLUEBERRIES
¾ c brown rice flour
¼ c tapioca starch
¼ c potato starch
1 Tbs baking powder
2 Tbs organic sugar
½ tsp kosher salt
1 c ricotta
2/3 c milk
1 lemon, zested and juiced.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk eggs. Add milk, ricotta, lemon juice and zest. Whisk. Add egg mixture to dry mixture and whisk until incorporated. Allow to rest while heating griddle.
- Heat griddle to 350° and spray with cooking oil or butter.
- Pour ¼ c pancake batter for each pancake. Add 3 – 4 blueberries to each pancake. Allow to cook until they begin to bubble on top and are lightly browned on the bottom. Flip and cook until lightly browned.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.